Hi hi! Nice to meet you.
I’m Ciara, a web designer, blogger, and work from home moms who reallyyyy cannot shut up about the stuff that lights me up! (A lot of it is work from home-related or something to do with WAHM life.)
As a result, several of my family/friends hear a little more than they’d like to about these things.
So, this blog was created! And if you’re interested in building a business as a mom, I hope you’ll find something helpful here.
I haven't always been a work from home mom.
I started working from home part-time before becoming a mom, but had a full-time job outside of the home at the time, as well. It was only after having my first kid and realizing my life was kinda turning into a living hell and I wasn’t making enough to justify staying at my job. Yikes on bikes.
I had to quickly figure out how the heck to stay home and make ACTUAL money because being a one-income family wasn’t an option for us at the time. I tried a few things before landing on a wombo combo of web design and blogging, two things I immensly enjoy and actually pay well.
A few random things about me
Alright, so, I’m not huge on talking about myself but here we go:
- I was born in 1995, am married, and have a 3-year-old and 1 year-old twins – all girls. (By the way, having 3 small children is uhh… interesting. As I’m sure a lot of y’all are well aware. )
- Biiiiggg tech nerd – I learned to code in high school and I’m always trying to uplevel my tech skills because it’s such a fun challenge. Just hard to find time!
- This is kinda embarrassing, but I’m a former pumpkin spice hater turned pumpkin spice enthusiast. I used to have a need to be “anti” everything mainstream but I’ve learned to embrace the basic bitch life.
- I love playing Old School Runescape and/or World of Warcraft occasionally and I’m pretty big into listening to YouTube videos while I wokr/clean/whatever.
- Chocolate cake is, like, the best dessert ever in my opinion. If I was talented at cake decorating, I’d start a baking blog for sure.